I have baby number 3 (and the last!) on the way, and want something a bit bigger than my Toledo...

I've had the VR in the past and crave anothe v6. I have come across a passat v6 4mo, 2001, fully loaded (leathers, wood trim, xenons etc etc), only 67k 2 owners, for 2495... Are these worth a punt?

I'm not expecting blistering pace but want something big enough for the family that can still pick its feet up!

JK has owned his a lot longer than me.

I have a 1998 B5 V6 Passat Syncro and compared to the VR, it is not as fun to drive.

It isn't all bad. The syncro system means you usually stay put. Set of coilovers and lowered respectively, you have a nice family car that is planted and not too slow either. Pulls really well.

I only have a 6 month old sprog. You will not get 3 seats in the back unless the other 2 happen to be booster seats. Make sure it has a set of 3, 3 point seatbelts in the rear too. Either that or the wife sits in the back between kiddies while newborn in the front passenger.

Rubbish review I'm afraid, I may amend tomorrow morning. On the 3rd day without sleep and I'm going to get some now my sprog has finally settled.

LOL thats good enough for me mate! Yeh i wasn't expecting a "fun" drive so to speak. just something with a bit of poke for motorway miles etc etc. And yeh my other two will be in smaller booster seats so the car seats wont be a prob i dont think. Much appreciated fella, hope you get some rest LOL!

Congrats on the baby nr 3.

After our Baby Nr1 we got rid of our 4motion (boot way too small due to raised floor, we did have a massive M&P 3 wheeler though) and got a B5 Audi RS4.

Had a Zafira GSi with Baby Nr 2.

Once buggy was no longer needed, we went down to one car, the VR6. Looking for a 2nd car at the mo. VR will be just for local use/ project car.

Tidy Audi S4 Avant (b5) would be nice.

Oh right,

I should point that the boot space in my car is spacious. Only issue is that the rear seats are not collapsable. You would need to remove them....bolted in, if you needed to transport something large. JK can sit inside the boot opening but I guess you might not fit large boxes through the gap, even though the boot could hold them.

I can also sit in the rear upright with good leg room.... I'm 6ft 5.

if you got an estate the rears would drop though' date=' not a lot of saloon cars of ~10 years old would have dropping rears unless you went to mercs etc

[/quote']

Okie cokie. Should have mentioned that.

B5 estate is a good idea and looks the nuts should you feel the need to do that.