Oil Light Flashing and Alarm, leads unplugged!...Newbie again..

HI all, bought my first vr6 lasnt night, in the garage at the moment getting all four corners wheel bearings done. My question is, the guy i bought it off said that it had a small oil leak when he put it in for the mot, not he showed me where from and said he repaired it but when he started it he said there was an auidable alrm(i think) anyway he said to stop it he had to unplug to sensors and earth something or other (front left of engine) and now the oil light is flashing, does anyone know how i can sort this out, i can put a photo of what he has done later but now the two leads are just tied to the top of the engine bay out the way and not plugged in but surely thats no good. I hope ive enot confused u guys but just tried to be descriptive.8-) Cherrs, Grant

have you any oil in it i think there is an oil buzzer if the oil pressure is to low or too high just removing the wire and earthing it might stop the buzzing but that is not sorting the problem maybe it needs a new sensor but even worse it might need a new oil pump

have you any oil in it i think there is an oil buzzer if the oil pressure is to low or too high just removing the wire and earthing it might stop the buzzing but that is not sorting the problem maybe it needs a new sensor but even worse it might need a new oil pump

Its running fine, the guy said it had a leak which he fixed but couldnt stop the buzz, so by the sound of that do you think its a sensor then, he has dissconected it and earthed it thats right..