Desperate for HELP!!!! Stereo to door speaker dramas!!!

I have a MK3 VR6, the drivers door speaker didnt work when i got it so i have replaced it but it still does not work. I know its not the head unit, what can i do? i have very litttle experince of electrics but im willing to try. Im guessing it has to be the cable from the head unit to the door but i dont knw which one it is at the stereo. all the wiring looks original as do the adaptors. thanks

You'll need to unplug the iso connection at the back of your stereo and access the speaker behind the door card. And now with either a meter or a home made continuity tester test each wire in turn to the speaker. The speaker wires should be pretty obvious and grouped together.

the main feed to the front speakers runs to the tweeters on top of the dash first, then through a crossover resistor then follows on to the main door speakers, if you pull the tweeters up this is obvious, this may be helpful when you are trying to track down your problem as you could isolate the main feed which would be straight from the head unit instead of later on in the system