mk4 2.8 4mo or R32?

Having tasted my first taste of the VR6 engine for 7 months, Im definitely sorted. I did my calculations and they do give best bang for buck and looks out of most cars that I can afford. So I was thinking today, what shall I move on to, with the only 2 options shouting at me and that was VW or BMW and either R32 or a 3.8 E35 M5 both of which are fairly expensive but equally good cars and have their various traits, 4WD vs RWD considering ive had a life of front wheel drive cars should make for an interesting purchase. So obviously the only thing holding me back is price. To the main question then: what is the difference between the 4mo and the R32 besides the engine (assuming that it is just a bored out VR6 - correct me if im wrong) and the obvious trim/suspension setup, because pricewise they are worlds apart.

ah but the R32 and 4mo does not have the noise of the 12v .... but they do have 4wd and are more refined

But you said mine sounded awesome when I flew By in belgium

there is that but its still not the 12v sound and urs is not exactly factory now is it .... lol

Looks like ive opened up a can of worms haha. Think they both have their merits and both sound distinc but the 12v is more raw and the 24v is more refined as has been said. And 100% with you on the R32 being a much more sorted product and one i would clearly go for had money not been quite so tight. But it does look like the 4mo is the safer option. Problem with the 12v is its getting on a bit and saftey wise my parents want me in something a bit newer, and although mines been resprayed its going to start getting rusty eventually. plus 4wd ;)

Nah its not like that, were not rich or anything. Just weighing up the options of what to have next. An R32 would be the ideal but at 7k for an ok one its well out. I didnt realise they would be so expensive with not really 5ks worth extra specially when its 2-3k for a 4mo which is only 500-700 quid more than my vr6 which ive paid for.

• 1 month later...