Hi all,

Mine has split see below

2011-04-26%2016%3A56%3A00%20%2B0000.jpg

As you can see I've been doing some in house modifications lol

I phoned TPS and they have informed me you need to order the air intake pipe in order to get the replacement valve and its £100 inc VAT.

So on that note sod that, I am sure I can use a oil catch can with 19mm hoses and oil breather off eBay to make this work and buy some 7mm vacuum hose to bypass the ventilation valve. I am also looking at a Bonrath Rohr Pro or getting some pipework made up for the air intake. Surely this must be around the £100 mark and be more functional?

Has one way done this yet on the forum?

You can buy the breather part from fords mate, there was a thread on here with the part number for it.

If you wanted to use a catch can, yes pipe from your rocker to the can, then a filter on the exit of the can. The smaller hose, that goes in near the t/b, just use that as the breather from the fuel tank. Its the hose that comes off of the small solenoid by the air filter.

Cheers Paul

So what you are staying is I can just use a 7mm piece of silicone hosing to connect direct from the small solenoid directly to the throttle body?

or Just blank the t/b hose and vent to air the small solenoid hose near the air filter?

Cheers Paul

So what you are staying is I can just use a 7mm piece of silicone hosing to connect direct from the small solenoid directly to the throttle body?

or Just blank the t/b hose and vent to air the small solenoid hose near the air filter?

I did your first chioce on Katies vr recently as the breather had split in half too. Works fine, just like an obd1 setup really.

the only benefit of a power rohr is its made of metal so wont split, and its shiny :-) but it doesnt fit as well as the oem one.

I did this exact modification when both my intake and crankcase valve split, power rohr, greddy copy catch tank off ebay and 19mm ID oil resistant tubing and blanked off the original vac hose with a screw

meh, mine broke in the same place, put crap loads of black silicone sealant on it. did the job, sealed up, and its a bit flexy so it'll take a fair bit to break again. I'd recommend doing it, taping it in place so it doesnt move and then run the engine til its nice n hot in the engine bay so it sets quicker

Thanks all, food for thought!!

Decided on the OEM air intake but blanked of the outlet to the crankhouse valve.

I will going to use 19mm ID hoses with a joiner for the crank house filter and locate this somewhere yet to be decided lol.

I've gone with the ubar cheap option as I cannot find a catcher tank that is cheap with two 19mm pipes.

Hello,

Same problem here. Wanted to also buy a cranckase breather filter from K/N, if I buy this where exactly do I need to fit it in ? Can I bypass the valve If I have the filter ?

If I understand correctly the valve just passes gases from the crankshaft into the air intake and there' s another hose that feeds fresh air into the crankcase ? Should I attack the filter to the hose that feeds the fresh air or to the valve through which the gases exit ?

thanks.

why dont you just blank off the hole in the intake pipe and fit the breather to the crankcase

Hey Dman,

Engine bay is looking sweet, I dont really want the smell of oil in the cab mate. So I am going to move the filter to the passenger side at the front of the bay.

people have used 15mm catch tanks with no ill effect' date=' 19mm tanks are very expensive

[/quote']

Thanks Lukey, not really sure how much oil vapour is catched in the tank mate. If I can save £25 quid on and just use 19mm hosing, joiner and a filter for £13 quid is a win, win tbh.

I had to do what Dman did when mine snapped last week when jason and i were fitting at RAM air filter ... all i did was run the flexi tube lower in the bay and clamped a piper x oil breather filter to the end and blanked the intake hole with a gear box dust cap ... Although i can smell some oil when the heaters are on .... i will try the black silicone job ....:)

yea the point of the tank is the condense the oil vapour loaded air so the oil doesnt sh!t up your intake, tbh mines been on for a few months and it doesnt collect much at all, not like the 20VT engines, they can collect an inch of mank in a couple of months

Cheers guys, I ran the 19mm hose to just above the gearbox with a ebay special oil breather, so far its cost me 9 quid all in.

Next part to order is the air intake replacement as I have got a hole in it.

I have found a 76mm 135 degree silicone hose for £18.55 delivered but not sure if this will fit over the MAF. I think the MAF is 3inch OD which equals to 76mm. I have checked the throttle body and thats defo 76mm but the MAF looks like 80mm so not sure if 76mm with some stretch will fit over.