I have a sharks fin aerial fitted and the reception is ok. It has a connection for a + input and I was wondering what this does? Will this help boost the reception and how come there is only a + input and no -. Anyone have any experience or knowledge on the subject?

I'm guessing it does earth to the body but you can see inside the aerial and there isn't much inside and I was curious as to how these work and how much better they get. Suppose I better just wire it up and see.

the + is to be connected to the blue wire in the radio loom' date=' which is antenna power

[/quote']

Are you sure? my att is to mute my stero "Attenuation, it means a reduction in the amplitude level of the outputted sound. In English, it makes the CD player's volume quieter whilst it's on."

the + is to be connected to the blue wire in the radio loom' date=' which is antenna power

[/quote']

Are you sure? my att is to mute my stero "Attenuation, it means a reduction in the amplitude level of the outputted sound. In English, it makes the CD player's volume quieter whilst it's on."

Also most other blue wires on there are for remote to the amp

most stereo's have 2 blue and white or just blue for electric aerials and amplifier remote turn on. ATT is for reducing volume this normally connects to a phone system so as when the phone rings it reduces the volume of the stereo.

Fit for the shark fin on mine was really nice and tbh I wouldn't have left it on if I wasn't happy. As for them all being powered, the oem one that I took off wasn't powered. The reception is good without it being boosted but I was curious to see what difference it would make and it is something else to tinker with.

[/quote']

Also most other blue wires on there are for remote to the amp

ISO standard is blue for antenna power, blue with white stripe remote turn on.

It doesnt matter though, they do exactly the same thing

I have no idea why your att button on your radio is relevant?