New to forum but here my Raddo vr6

Hi all

I am new to the forum and to owning a vr6 but I picked this up for a couple of hundred pounds. Its going to be my weekend toy/track car.

IMG_1460.jpg

IMG_1436.jpg

Its got lots of history and a few mods already. The guy that had it previously fitted 312mm brakes, 17" alloys , coilovers and a stainless steel exhaust. It did have an electrical problem behind the dash so I have had to rewire it but hopefully it will work.

its not going to be full on out and out but I have stripped the interior removing all the soundproofing and anything else that was not required. I have fitted the carpet back in and door cards as I still want it to be a bit comfortable:-) Its going along the lines of

interior:

1 Bucket seat & harness

Carbon fibre door cards but made to original profile

rear strut brace

smaller steering wheel

fire extingusher

kill switch

Brakes

braided hoses all round

mk4 rear brakes

uprated brake fluid

x drilled and grooved discs

red stuff pads

Suspension

seam welded wishbones

welded up rear beam

poly bushed all round

adjustable front top mounts

front upper and lower strut braces

Engine & Gearbox

Mocal oil cooler

v5 gearbox

lightened flywheel

fast road clutch

piper or cat cams

cone air filter

decat pipe

6 branch manifold

solid front mount

vibratechnic mounts elsewhere

remap

Thats the plans anyway and I think it's going to roughly go in that order....hopefully:-)

Cheers for the comments. I am going to keep a bit of a project post going and will update it when I remember. No pics but I will post some up.

Interior wise the rear door cards have been done in carbon fibre and I am just waiting for some front door cards to use as a mould. Hopefully they should arrive this week. The wiring is mainly sorted with the kill switch being the only thing left to do along with the replacement of 3 looms which I will get this week. The fire extinguisher is plumbed in and the rear seat area flushed over with a glass fibre sheet and some carpet. The rear strut brace has been welded up and just requires fitting and the battery box for the rear is being made up. I have also relocated the washer bottle to the rear. I am having trouble mounting my bucket seat as I want it as low in the car as possible but I also want to retain the original seat points so I can still use them. On order is a smaller steering wheel with quick release boss.

In the engine bay I have tidied up the wiring, relocated the carbon filter, fitted a cone air filter I had lying around and fitted a homemade airbox. I am looking out for a mocal sandwich plate and have one a bmw oil cooler which is on the large side and will require the bumper to be removed for fitting. At some point this month I am going to order the vibratechnic competition mounts, do the diy quick shift mod and fit my homemade front strut brace.

Today though I stripped the front and rear brakes off for cleaning and painting while ate the same time pricing up a set of cross drilled and grooved discs with some ebc or pagid rs pads.....think I will leave it the now though as it was coming in at over £350!!!!! for front brakes only. This week I am taking the brake pipes to a company in didcot that make up braided version for about £30 and thats the front and rear. The guy that is selling me the wiring looms also has a fully poly bushed rear axle so I'll pick that up at the same time.

So thats it so far

Are solid cast ones off a TT not heavy? I still plan on seam welding my ones. It may work this time or it may not but I have a spare set of wishbones lying about. I'll post pics up when I do it.

Like I said I noticed a difference in my last 2 golfs but you may do it and not see any difference:-) but it is cheap and only a case of 10 minutes welding.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi all

Well the car starts but it sounds like hell.....It was dry cranked a few times and started. It sounded like there was a stuck tappet. So I gave it a flush with oil and an additive that was recommended but although it has had this done it still sounds rough...

anyone fancy some forum diagnostics....here's the vid...

http://s844.photobucket.com/albums/ab8/RyanandLindsayMcNeil/all%20things%20corrado/?action=view¤t=DSCF3869.mp4

so talking to a couple of guys on another forum and the outcome was I ended up becoming a member of VWDRC.....

I don't plan on racing this year due to time and money constraints but I guess it gives me a reason to use the m62 charger I have....