ah ok,well the only thing wrong is the first start in the morning,its sometimes hard to start {4secs max} and when it does start its like if it wants you to put your foot down abit, but if you switch off and start again its perfect! ,like if its built enough fuel pressure up,also it will be fine through out the day, car runs sweet, had new leads,plugs,dizzy cap,rotor arm,am i just being anal?

my m8 did a scan on vag com a few weeks back, there were some fault codes which he cleared, the only one that looked suspect was crank poistion sensor, but that comes up anyway when not running? didnt see anything for lambda/02 sensor, i think the other codes have been there a long time, i'll get him to do it again and see what pops up, but i dont think anything will as its running sweet, maybe i have a slight leak in the petrol line some where that drops the pressure enough to cause a bad 1st start but not bad enough to see any fluid?

it will prime on accesory position but you prob cant hear it as they are quiet in operation.

the corrado and obd1 golf are the same fuel pump.

It could be the one way check valve in the pump, there was a big failure of these in 95 or something and VW made a retro fit valve kit. These can obviously fail or start to leak after many years too.

P1000322.jpg

P1000325.jpg

Fitted

P1000328.jpg

for £12 its worth a punt

it could also be a leaky fuel pressure regulator or leaky injectors. but the inline valve would be the cheapest and easiest first option.

I would also advise that if you replaced the fuel pressure regulator make sure you get a genuine bosch one, i bought one advertised as genuine bosch from a german ebay shop and when it came it was a cheap chinese copy, i disputed it and they refunded all my money but £10 and i fitted it as i needed a new fpr anyway.

It lasted 12 days and all of a sudden failed in the wide open position while on a dual carriageway, not good. Absolutely genuine bosch fpr from a bosch distributing motor factors (at twice the original price i paid) fitted subsequently and its been absolutely fine.

It stands to reason that cheap crappy injectors can suffer the same fate

I had this problem with my last vr and it turned out to be the crank sensor. It took a second or two to fire after cranking. It gradually got worse over a short period of time. As said above, make sure you use a genuine one if you replace it. I didnt and had the same problem. I was pulling my hair out for weeks until someone mentioned if it was genuine vag. I replaced it and never had the problem again.