Neon Wire Heater Control Light.

So i see ibzzzzz on hear doing this and had to give it atry my self!

Unclup heater controll pannel / buy some neon wire and wrap it round. i used small daps of super glue

IMG_20110619_224508.jpg

IMG_20110619_224806.jpg

IMG_20110619_224829.jpg

The blue iv seem to of got isnt blue blue and is hell of alight brighter then in my picture not sure why its not showing up so bright

Iv nicked some pics from ibzzzzz thread hope he doesnt mind his is red and seems brighter and maybe the thicker stuff.

ce6bd241.jpg

8531bab5.jpg

a7ebfe71.jpg

Just thort is a good upgrade to the standerd one bulb standerd :D

Have you tried it back in the car? Once it's all fastened against the dash and all the light has to bounce through the White parts it may be bright enough?

Was thinking of doing this to mine in just the standard green cos your right the 1 little bulb and spider thing is rubbish!

how did you power these? They look great :)

Have you got a link to the ebay kit you'd recomend?

Any 12v source that comes on with the igntion or lights.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=120706810975&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT this is the one i brought. he says he does other diameters not sure how to get them maybe contact him 1st.

or there are others

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/5M-EL-Wire-Tron-Neon-glow-3-meter-3-2mm-diam-/150617615092?pt=UK_HomeGarden_Lighting_Lamps_Lighting_SM&var=&hash=item68c7c8f2b4

Diffrence in prices one from overseas other is uk i didnt mind waiting for mine to come tho.

• 1 month later...

I got round to doing this with a green neon, i bought the same one you did but in green, it isnt very green, not near as lime green as the advert made out but its way better than it was so im ok with the colour, seeing as nothing else on there is lit up anyway there wont be anything to compare the difference in colour so wont look odd.

dash1.jpg

dash2.jpg

I got the controls built back up and just had a look in the dash tonight now its dark and ive changed my mind, im not happy with the colour, its really blue, like turquoise, even though it was advertised as green, this was from the cheap hong kong listing off ebay, ive bought a more expensive wire from UK off ebay thats actually advertised as lime green

Got the second neon wire in and its a perfect match and is loads brighter than the cheap chinese one,

I also wired up super white leds to the knobs as the one little bulb just made them all look dark yellow and not white.

Got the exact result i wanted now

greenwhite.jpg