Hi

Just wondering what exhausts you guys use? Building 2.9 Mk2 VR6 at the moment, was thinking about stainless exhaust including 6 branch & cat replacement. What fits? Can I just buy a complete Corrado system? Or would a Mk3 Golf system fit better? Or would I need to buy a bit of Corrado and Mk2 Gti? What manufactures do you use?

Cheers for the info!!

You could always get a powerflow or longlife to save the hassle of getting another exhaust to fit. Not too sure about manifolds- a couple of the guys on here have got Ashley 6 branch manifolds and are recommended. Ive also seen Raceland SS manifolds floating about on ebay what what they are like is anybodies guess!!

With my experience of exhausts for my 3.2ltr I'd say get one made for the car. I adapted the 1.8 16v supersprint which was on my car when we first got it running but it was restricting it like you wouldn't believe. So i got Longlife to make me one. I've had no problems with it at all, they even did a few mods to my custom down pipes to finish the whole job off.

They come highly recomended. But here's a tip for you, ask for a 3 box system and not a 2, the VR like some back pressure, hence if it's too free flowing then the torque will suffer but the power will be up. My torque is down alittle from standard not by much, But I knew i was going to either be using NOS or a S/C or both in the future so we took this into account when sizing the whole exhaust.