Yeah. I'm having this exact problem. It's a nightmare, but pat did say check fuse (wasn't that) or the connections on back of fuse box but I haven't had chance to check that. Will do tomorrow. If I fix it I'll let you know what it was.

plus my rev counter sometime trips out n goes up n down randomly when driving and the oil temp flitters about. i have disconnected my central locking as the pump wouldn't work and wasn't allowing me to open my doors.

gotta all be down to one issue and no doubt its something really simple, i just don't know what, driving me MAD!

Not sure if it helps but I did have an electrical issue and cannot remember what it was, but resolving it was a case of getting my hand up above the fuses and making sure all the relays are pushed in nice and tight. There are a few above where you can see too from memory. With lowered cars, I reckon the relays work loose over time with all the extra bumping they get. May be worth a try? Hope it helps?

Have you checked battery connections are tight? There is a couple of large red wires on the positive terminal, check them too. Also check the other ends of the battery leads, on starter and the earth on the gearbox. There are a couple of earths under the battery tray, check they are tight, and not corroded.