my mulberry highline has the following setup and i'm totally naive when it comes to cars, but i'm hoping to get into the modding scene and start doing it up bit by bit...

all i know is that it has bilstein sports struts all round and eibach springs which have lowered the car by 30mm.

is this setup any good?

whenever i go over bumps on the road, it suspension feels rock hard and i can literally feel ever single bump. it feels very harsh and sometimes, i cringe when i go over things like manhole covers that have been raised slightly, because of the sound it makes!

should i be worried?

it'll be the dampers i bet....i have a full bilstein sprintline kit and it is harsh.

stick to smooth roads is the only thing to do....it does handle awesomely.

can you define you're meaning of harsh?

when i go over a bump, dip, groove in the road that seems insignificant, sometimes it feels as if i have driven up a kerb, straight on, at 40mph! is this what it's like for you?

but on a smooth road, it is perfect - i can really throw the car about - it's amazing! :)

but things like speed bumps and stuff have to be taken at a snails pace!

Have you changed the bump stops too? Could be they are not allowing full travel on suspension and so your riding on or nearly on them all the time.

like i said mate, i'm totally naive about cars. i just know that a mulberry vr6 highline is a luscious, beautiful car that turns heads whereever it goes!

it's in for a service and mot this week so i hope there is nothing seriously wrong with it...

it'll be the dampers i bet....i have a full bilstein sprintline kit and it is harsh.

stick to smooth roads is the only thing to do....it does handle awesomely.

can you define you're meaning of harsh?

when i go over a bump' date=' dip, groove in the road that seems insignificant, sometimes it feels as if i have driven up a kerb, straight on, at 40mph! is this what it's like for you?

but on a smooth road, it is perfect - i can really throw the car about - it's amazing! :)

but things like speed bumps and stuff have to be taken at a snails pace![/quote']

not sure i'd describe it as that bad....but i'm used to lowered cars. if you're used to standard spongey suspended cars then you will obviously notice it more.

any lowered car needs to almost stop for speed bumps, thats normal.

only thing i could really suggest is going to a meet and getting someone who knows what they're on about to go for a spin with you.

worth remembering though that every suspension set up is a compromise....for ultimate performance the susp would be mega stiff and totally undriveable on bumpy roads, where as for ultimate comfy it would be like a sponge pudding and would fall over on the slightest curve. the aim is to get the best compromise for your needs.

[ Edited Mon Mar 07 2005, 12:20AM ]

What would the following Koni kit be like , I don't want to harsh a ride, think this would be any good for me.

Koni suspension kit for VW Golf Mk3 VR6 (excl 4WD) . Between 1991 & 1997

Kit contains 4 Koni adjustable sports dampers and 4 Koni lowering springs. Front dampers are top ustable and can be adjusted from under the bonnet.

Part Number 1110-2019

30mm Lowering, Great handling

Yeah poly bushes can be a tad hard but fortunately that car only had them on the rear axle.

VAG bushes are fine for regular road-use comfort on the front end because they last well but those rear bushes are a right bar-steward for wear.

I'm lucky my Vento has old skool Sachs sports dampers with Eibach springs/anti roll bars :)

When those Sachs dampers die I'll go back to standard springs with Koni T/A's!