OK, I've bought another VR, and I'm looking for a few extra ponies under the bonnet. The car in question is the one JP was advertising, so it isn't standard. This is whats done so far that I know off :-

Re-mapped ecu,

Schimel 263 cams

Ported and polished head

RamAir induction kit (off a Cossie??!!)

6 Branch Manifold

De-cat pipe

Exhaust don't know what though, got a sebring back box.

Now I've got a Jetex 2.75 inch cat back exhaust on my other VR would this release any extra power being a quarter inch bigger? What else if anything can I do to get the extra power without F/I oh and an expensive Shrick Inlet......

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK' date=' I've bought another VR, and I'm looking for a few extra ponies under the bonnet. The car in question is the one JP was advertising, so it isn't standard. This is whats done so far that I know off :-

Re-mapped ecu,

Schimel 263 cams

Ported and polished head

RamAir induction kit (off a Cossie??!!)

6 Branch Manifold

De-cat pipe

Exhaust don't know what though, got a sebring back box.

Now I've got a Jetex 2.75 inch cat back exhaust on my other VR would this release any extra power being a quarter inch bigger? What else if anything can I do to get the extra power without F/I oh and an expensive Shrick Inlet......

[/quote']

tbh mate most of the mods have already been done to it ! the next logical step would be FI and whatever else you do Schrick etc will end up costing you more per bhp than just bolting a charger on !

But i only want a couple of extra ponies not masses...I'll kill myself otherwise!!!!!!!!!

Exactly why you should ge ta 3.68 FD, brings all the gears closer, the VR lump is no longer lazy, and acceleration is insaine :) its not all about extra BHP, its how it is delivered to those black bits of rubber on the road...

and don't take it anywhere near Stealth ;)

Off topic but Is there a reason for this? They're doing my turbo fueling. Been once but had issues with air flow' date=' but they seemed brilliant? Will be going back as soon as i get inlet manifold back from skimming.

[/quote']

I don't think she was being serious goin by the wink at the end

It's got a uber expensive remiss or sebring exhaust on it. The jetex won't really help. F/I or maybe a shrick but its all big money after what's been done .

sebring it is, well thats what the back box says!!!!! 3.68 final drive may be an option....THAT'S A SERIOUS NUMBER OF CHARGERS THERE!!!!!!

I think the first 10 - 15 seconds of this video demonstates the accaleration of a 3.6FD gearbox...

The black VR6 is craigs oldVR... about 212BHP with a scrick... if memory serves me right... mine was 218BHP at the time, with a scrick and 3.68FD... this was from a near enough standing start.... video speaks for it's self ;)

the 3.68 final drive will comprimise your top speed and make your economy worse on a longer run.. your choice but i wouldnt touch what aint broke .. maybe if it did break then think about it, but otherwise its alot if labour for a fools gain .

Not very often your going to be doing more than 140MPH to be fair, but as jum says, you will loose a little on the top end and fuel economy.. depends what you want, and if your on the motorway alot... I travelled 80 miles a day in my mk3 / mk2 when it was my daily... translated to £20 a day in fuel... but no matter what route you go down, your MPG will be affected :)