ahhhhh my brain won't stop thinking, turbo time....

arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

i've been reading so much lately about turbo chargin the vr6.... i'm not keen on blowing wads n wads so looking into a cheaper option ;)

alot of 2nd hand stuff.... so, i'm looking into a gt30 turbo

i really want to do it, but i think it's the un "talked about" bits that cost the most

is there a thred that lays it out clearly what ya need and not having to trawl through 45+ pages

regards :D

Mate my cab was charged and the sound with the roof down OMG

Roof down + VR6 sound + charger wine = driving ban was a matter of time :)

Also I might add smoking a E36 M3 off the lights the leave it for dust along the dual carriageway still makes me smile when I think about it now, his face when he pulls up to the lights :)

I started a 'budget' turbo project about a year ago, soon turns into massive expense if you do things safely and properly. After doing it for myself, I'm not sure if I'd go through all the hassle again. Charger would be so much easier and cheaper!

But... I know what you mean, and I knew this, but still went with the turbo.

Thanks dude.... i may part withmy pennies soon for this membership ;)

neeeeeeeeeeeeeee way, i went onto the vortech supercharger site, but there is so many super chargers on there i have no flippin idea what im wanting or looking for....

i think i could be swayed for the charger option tho...

if your going to buy a new kit mate the only charger to go for is a Rotrex the others are not as good mate, and that is coming from someone with one of the other two !

otherwise just keep your eyes on the classifieds on here and E38 as the kits pop up fairly often second hand and are often good deals :)

Have had 2 vortech vf9's, vortech vf1, rotrex and 2x turbos and i would suggest that if u want more power than most (350+) then u need to look at internal mods first then dont waste time on a charger and go turbo straight away.. I however u want to sit with an average acceptable power increase then a charger is best on stock internals.. This will give 250-300 reliably with no major engine work..

All cases will require a decent map and can run from stock ecu..

I am currently working on my mk2 van conversion with a stock vr6 engine and t3/4 turbo upgrade with short runner, expecting 400 ish pn stock internals but not sure how long she will hold out!

i'd love to go charger.... but alot of people have done it..... i'd love to go turbo charged..... different!

Different = ROTEX.... ;)

oh and if you premium membership up... there are discounts and also guides on the chargers and associated topics and conversations... £10 for 15% off everywhere including your modified insurance LOL

Trust us... you will never regret which everway you go... :D

• 2 weeks later...