Thoughts on the demise of more than 4......

So I was chatting and thinking......

As we move forwards in life everything is getting smaller... just to clarify before someone logs on after a friday night beer.... Engine size ;D

I am sure I am not the only one who (no matter what the car) has a new zoerst and a panel filter even on their run arounds as a minimum....

So I noticed (for example) Ford are pushing there very small 1.2 litre 150BHP engines so you know it wont be long before the rest of the world follows...even Honda have to go turbo as emissions are to high on a VTEC :(

............ and to my point..... What 4 cylinder (or I suppose less if we watch Ford with their 3 cyl 1.2L) lump actually sounds okay???? - Not old school on ITBs but modern fuel injected cars???

This is an important factor as it will make decissssions for all of us in the coming years on what makes the short lists....

Your thoughts and if possible a link to a sound/video bite please???!!!!!??!?!?!?!?!?!

Cheers

I have heard of a v4 engine before' date=' but cant remember what it was?? That would have to be the best sounding 4 pot by any theory..

Nice thread idea fella!

[/quote']

What about Alfa's flat four??!!

Don just 1 problem to hear the noise of an engine the engine must be running. not an easy feat on an alfa lol. I do like there 147gta.

I have heard of a v4 engine before' date=' but cant remember what it was?? That would have to be the best sounding 4 pot by any theory..

Nice thread idea fella!

[/quote']

Don just 1 problem to hear the noise of an engine the engine must be running. not an easy feat on an alfa lol. I do like there 147gta.

Lol.. Too tru!!!

Nice thread idea fella!

[/quote']

LOL..... very true, but WHEN they DO run they do sound very SWEET........ I especially like the ALFASUD's of old.......

If they can squeeze 180bhp out of a 1000cc bike engine i'm sure engines will not only get smaller but also change from the shape and position we see them in now. For deeper thought' date=' what about the demise of fossil fuel and what next?

[/quote']

250bhp Moto GP powered Mk2 golf....SWEEEEEEEEET.....Where's Parky when you need him!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

For deeper thought' date=' what about the demise of fossil fuel and what next?

[/quote']

The future is all about electric cars.It sounds a bit boring.... I love the sound of the V6 but the future is definitely electric.

Check the Audi E-Tron

http://youtu.be/iPyCnMy1td0

Home made electric race car

http://youtu.be/UAYrsEOxqYc

oh and there is a debate on at the moment rom electric manufacturers to make an artificial sound to make them safe in the city... I recall Lotus did something on tomorrows world once where you could feed the sound in through the car speakers relative to pedal position and speed etc so your fiesta sounded like a lambo...

That may be worth finding and starting a petition on for the external sounds... :D

For deeper thought' date=' what about the demise of fossil fuel and what next?

[/quote']

The future is all about electric cars.It sounds a bit boring.... I love the sound of the V6 but the future is definitely electric.

Check the Audi E-Tron

http://youtu.be/iPyCnMy1td0

Home made electric race car

http://youtu.be/UAYrsEOxqYc

I think WE"LL all be safe for fossil fuel........ There's still quite a bit out there, my son-in-law buys and sells the stuff he said there is a huge stock pile that doesn't go anywhere, and that the owners of the oil fields hold a lot of it back in drums to keep demand and price high!!!!!!!

Anyways, I think oil/petrol companies could develop an synthetic fuel that would run perfectly ok with current engines and be clean.......