Spent the afternoon getting the nice shiney manifold on until i started to struggle with a tight bolt. I noticed that as i was pulling on the ratchet, the engine was moving a fair old amount. Thought to myself that something ain't quite right about it so i investigated further. Gearbox mount is completely shot. The bolt isn't holding anything at all, so that end is just waving about in thin air!

Awkward job to do??

from what i beleive' date=' the gearbox mount is one of the easiest ones to do![/quote']

depends if you can raise the engine enough to pull it clear (without risking your exhaust and other mounts....you'd be best unbolting front mount as well). if not, its the hardest. the bracket is a pain to get off (tip, go under the wheel arch)

i had mine changed when i my quaife'd box went in as we snapped the original trying to revove it. was fairly easy then but i did have the front end off completely and, as andrew says, the front mount need to be off to to allow you to jack the car up to clear the zorst! should still be fairly straight forward tho!

Am i right in thinking that the centre bolt is all that holds it all together and to the car?? What does that centre bolt go into?? I'm wondering cos i had thoughts this morning that perhaps its just come undone....... :? I thinking this cos when i wobbled the engine, the bracket obviously moves, the bolt is free too, but the rubber stays where it is........