what oil for the gearbox? vr6?

people seem to swear by mt90 gearbox oil, i used it in my gearbox oil change a few months back, i didnt have any problems before or after the oil change, yea theres two plugs, cant remember the size, just make sure you dont get confused with the engine oil sump, also make sure you can un do the fill plug which faces towards the front of the car {you realy cant miss it} before you drain, would be abit of a bich haven drained your oil to find out you cant fill it up, think you will need 2litres of gearbox oil although it wont use that exact amount,

17mm hex is what you need, i could only find one in an engineering supplies shop and it was for a lorry gearbox!!

the best match for the stock VW fluid but just better is redline MTL which is 70w80 and GL4 spec. Dont use GL5 or it will eat through your brass synchros quick sharp.

MT90 can get a little thick in dead dead cold, I found it could be hard to engage until it had warmed up, MTL hasn't had these issues.

Chances are its the first gear oil change its had so take the opportunity to check for swarf etc. The plugs are magnetic so make sure you clean it all out before re installing, there should be minimal, like a few little grains, anything big can be a problem.

If you go for redline it comes in quarts as its american, 2 full bottles is the correct amount