ok so its time for a new car (yes again )

so opinions please.

focus 2.5 st 06-07 plate 40k ish miles not sure on fwd with 225 as standerd + with a few tweeks would be around 300

R32 03-04 60-70K seems quite old now and allready done the 4mo so is/are they much better ??also go resale value

scoob sti 05 -06 40-60k done 4 allready but do like them but drop money quick

evo 6 could poss go to a 8 but 6 is more of a drivers car again hold money well

monaro 04 40-60k allways wanted one but not sure on big v8 in the wet with only 2wd

so what would you go for then or any other thoughts/ideas must be quick ish.

not my every day car just a weekend toy so fuel within reson not to much of a prob

i do like 4x4 if over 225-250 but have never driven newer fwd like the st do they get the power down ok ???? or is it just spin spin all the way.

Depends on your driving style. The ST as standard doesn't feel quick. A re-map up to about 260-275 livens them up a bit. Get the Monaro as in a few years time there will be no V8's and at least you'll be able to look back with fond memories.

yeah had evo 8 before but the 6 seems better suited to me but getting old now (maybe)

see now i thought the st might be fun as its a 2.5 it would have so bottom end tq before the turbo cuts in and a new ish car the monaro would only be a standerd one not the vxr or the s/c one as can't justify that cash for a weekend toy mate

R32 wont be any different than the 4mo like for like. Slightly quicker slightly louded and stands out in a crowd of mk4s.

Same haldex system so will be a let down i feel for ya.

And thats coming from a R32 owner and never drove a standard 4 mo....or standard R32 come to that

yep i can see what you are saying graggsy would love a turbo one like yours but again really not worth spending that cash to do 6k a yr.

i really liked the 4mo but found it rather "bland" yes it drove well and well built but found it to be unrewarding in the "fun" area tbh i got a little pug 206 180 and its so much more fun to drive.

but normal french it falls to bits lol

so you think the 32's not much better than the 4mo then??

As a whole package it is better than a 4 mo no doubt. But youve owned one and i just think it will be a let down as it wont be drasticly different.

If you hadnt had the 4mo then i would of said get the R32.

Its strange trying to explain really as the R32 is a fantatsic car and would recommend one to anyone but you want something "special" for a weekend toy.

For something special it would have to be the V8.

The ST with a, full turbo back exhaust, pro alloy intercooler, samcos, dreamscience and a k&n 57i would put down 300hp and even that much through the fronts is totally within the remit of the awesome chassis. Not a day goes by that I don't think if I hadn't got rid of mine it'd be fully paid for now lol

Either way you'd have a lovely grin inducing soundtrack and probably similar mpg of about 20

The ST isn't exciting enough to be a weekend only toy. The R32 is a great all rounder but unless F/I won't set the world on fire. Go for the Monaro while you can and knowing you you'll sell in in 4 or 5 months and it will be another one ticked off your list.

very true lukey

but doing my own head in looking lol can get newer lower mileage st but fuel not any better than all the others (apart from evo) it will also loose money quicker and only fwd.

scoob would only get a sti version but again loose cash quick .

evo bad on fuel but do hold value very well but would be older.

R32 fits the bill well but had the 4mo so not sure if i would notice the diffrence also holds cash well good build (compaired to the rest) but again would be 03-05.

monaro only 2wd and loose cash quick.

as said been looking all day and still no closer i fack more confused than ever lol lol .