Vr turbo chaps... WhAts your specs??

As above guys really, what's the specs of the turbos using?

For example:

Model - T3

AR Compressor - 50mm

AR turbine - 50mm

Etc etc, just wanna get a rough idea of the specs of the turbos you guys are using so I know what to roughly go for...

Really thinking T3 turbo but there's to many cheapy turbos around to trust to be honest :(

Cheers y'all

a t3 based turbo will be fine, as i said via pm, stay away from t28/t25 .. yoy may pick up a cheap holset hx40 ? or if not grab a t3 with a large ish a/r and compressor.

google some compressor maps to see what does what at which point .

stay away from internal wastegate turbo's as these may be to small , although its not a given

im using a Garrett GT3582R ball bearing turbo.. the 82 is the best for quick spool without running out top end, but again depends if you want it to kick in low down and progressive or high revs like a bomb.

Mine starts to build up by 3000 and full 15psi by 3750 - 4000rpm, and very very progressive, so much that even with 360bhp without a LSD, it will accelerate full throttle in 3rd in the pouring rain without spinning one bit.

after talking to a few guys they said that if you map a GT35 it will be quite laggy if you keep stock internals, with stock capable of 400ish

There's a guy on vwvortex running 550bhp on stock internals with just a head spacer plate. I know these engines can take serious power but will tend to brake shafts quite often with alot of low down power

I don't find I have much lag at all with GT35 on standard internals, and the bit that there is means its perfect to drive around town without coming on boost, but there when you want it.. I'm makin 180 bhp (which was my max power before turbo at 5500rpm) at 2500rpm, so anythin up from there is all smiles!!

I have never been to any shows :( but maybe you could blag a lift in one to see what you think? Too much power low down kills gearboxes and clutches, but a nice progressive power delivery higher up the rev range is better on everything.

I use a Garrett GT35R T3 ar/1.06

Full boost or 30 psi at 3800 rpm.

Its a very nice turbo, with plenty off power and when not in boost, the car pulls better than stock. And all hell braks loose from 3000 and up.

Doesnt matter what gear im in.

If I was to choose again, it would have been a Precision 6765 T4 0.81 or something in that direction.

6262 T4 0.81 should be a very nice 12V Turbo.

It all depends on how much power you want.

Dont not get a smaller T3 housing than 0.82

I 4-5 years ago I used T3 0.63, and it maxed out at 5500 rpm.