clunking noise when braking

when i had engine and gearbox out i did notice it was leaking but didnt have the money to change it.

which mount would be best to go for , its an auto so i dont thrash it about but like to give it the beans every now and again. (car is running stgandard setup)

so its either oem mount , the vibra techincs road or competition one? bearing in mind all engine mounts i have are standard as yet

http://www.vibra-technics.co.uk/vw/golf_jetta_vento_mk_iii/342/VAG875M/lh_rear_gearbox_mount

Has this only happened since doing the shaft and brakes??Did it not do it before? If it didnt do it before, how could it be a mount?! Surely it would be something to do with the things you changed/fixed. A knackered mount wouldn't clunk, you would feel it when changing gear.

Has this only happened since doing the shaft and brakes??Did it not do it before? If it didnt do it before' date=' how could it be a mount?! Surely it would be something to do with the things you changed/fixed. A knackered mount wouldn't clunk, you would feel it when changing gear.

[/quote']

sorry i wasnt very clear. it made the noise before hand i was just sayin that i changed brakes and driveshaft as they have been replaced with good parts and can be eliminated

clunks when pulling away fast and braking hard - thought it could be gearbox mount ? not sure what else it could be