VRT questions

hey guys right, decided i'm going to turbo my vr.

i have a few questions if thats ok with you fellas....

firstly what injectors are you using for the set up, as i'm only going to be wanting 280 / 300 can the standard inmjecters handle that?

also, i'm going to be keeping the cost low, so i'm going to be keeping my standard inlet manifold, so, what vacum pipes do i need top run? the turbo i have is off a skyline R33 GTST some of you will say its a bad choice etc etc but i think its a good one. I have already welded the internat wastage up so i can fit an external one. so how so i go about attaching the vaccum for that to the standard inlet mani?

cheers guys

the turbo i have is off a skyline R33 GTST some of you will say its a bad choice etc etc but i think its a good one.

Why do you think that is a good one? What technical details do you have for it? Forgive me if this sounds rude, but you appear to know nothing about the injectors - which is very basic - but seem to know a Skyline line turbo with a welded shut penny valve is a good choice of turbo?

and thats helpfull how??.

Also in actual fact, its not that i know nothing about injectors which to you mister know it all, is very simple, i was simply asking if the standard ones could handle such bhp or do i need to upgrade!!!!any harm in that?

in actual fact f1_1ck it, i wont ask for help, ill just build it and snub my nose at you lot when i get it right and all of my own back too.

d1ck

If you read jim potters turbo build thread, there's a hell of a lot of info there on how the injectors and everything worked. I keep reading over it as I'm in two minds whether to go super charged or turbo charged next year.

Also in actual fact' date=' its not that i know nothing about injectors which to you mister know it all, is very simple, i was simply asking if the standard ones could handle such bhp or do i need to upgrade!!!!any harm in that?

in actual fact f1_1ck it, i wont ask for help, ill just build it and snub my nose at you lot when i get it right and all of my own back too.

d1ck

[/quote']

Bit harsh in my opinion, but hey...

Standard injectors are no good for that power, you 'could' get away with a set of 330cc injectors, however running lean at top end of revs, and the pistons etc won't last long.. to be safe i would go for Bosch 440's. Part number for these is 0280 150 558, also known as green tops. A set just sold on here for dirt cheap.. just be careful though as there are a lot of copy injectors that aren't bosch but have that same part number.

Remember a new Bosch 440 is around 50quid for one, so if there's a new set for cheap on eBay (which I know there has been) they're probably not real.

As for your turbo choice, I'm not sure if that turbo is good, bad or reasonable? i only really know the Garrett range so connot comment on that area.

Hope this helps :)

Also vacuum pipes are everything that is standard, if your using your standard inlet, just kee the vacuums where they should be going to. For you're boost gauge I would put it on one of the blanked off feeds on the brake servo pipe, just behind the coilpack as you look at the engine. Run the hose then into the cabin by the pollen filter.. remove the plastics.and filter box and there's a perfect grommet in the bulkhead that comes out just behind and above passenger ai bag.

If your turbo has a spout coming from the compressor housing, pipe that directly to your wastegate, and for dump valve (must recirc if using air flow meter) I would put a t-piece between the inlet and fuel pressure regulator.

Also in actual fact' date=' its not that i know nothing about injectors which to you mister know it all, is very simple, i was simply asking if the standard ones could handle such bhp or do i need to upgrade!!!!any harm in that?

d1ck

[/quote']

That is very harsh!

Kev was just stating that injectors are as important a part as anything. And he knows more about turbos than most on here, sobi would listen to him regarding such things. He has done his research as he has built a rock solid VRT himself.

Fair play for having a go a building a VRT yourself

Also vacuum pipes are everything that is standard' date=' if your using your standard inlet, just kee the vacuums where they should be going to. [b']For you're boost gauge I would put it on one of the blanked off feeds on the brake servo pipe, just behind the coilpack as you look at the engine. Run the hose then into the cabin by the pollen filter.. remove the plastics.and filter box and there's a perfect grommet in the bulkhead that comes out just behind and above passenger ai bag.

If your turbo has a spout coming from the compressor housing, pipe that directly to your wastegate, and for dump valve (must recirc if using air flow meter) I would put a t-piece between the inlet and fuel pressure regulator.

hey buddy thanks for the rep,y really appreciate it, um is there any chance of a simple pic of where you mean, just a little confused as to where you mean?

PS do i need to run an AFM or can i bin that?

http://www.vr6oc.com/e107_plugins/forum/forum_viewtopic.php?468768

There you go. Just sold on here. If you look at the pic, you have the main pipe, right hand side of pic is where it attaches to thr inlet manifold, the left side of pic to the brake servo.

Where this one in pic has that little thin pipe coming off is where I mean. Not sure if this pic is off a turbo with boost gauge, or just had a vacuum gauge on an n/a car, but this is bit I mean.

If you follow the pipe from inlet, it goes underneath coilpack, then if you look behind it and down a bit more, you should see it, before it goes to the back of the engine bay.

Does that help at all? :)

Oh, and if you mean AFM as in air/fuel meter, then its not 'needed', but highly highly recommended!

You will need to keep standard o2 sensor for the ecu feed (if using standard edu) and have another bung welded in for the wideband o2 sensor.

I would recommend the Innovate LC-1 wideband o2 sensor/controller, but people speak highly of AEM and a few other I can't remember.

Ah ok.. well Paul's cleared that up already.. but also take into consideration about the location of the air flow meter. Yes you will need a 4 inch MAF housing, but be careful its not too close to the turbo.. had a massive problem with mine picking up turbulence from the turbo, even with the mesh across it. Meant it was impossible to remap and had a long drive home and had to completely change the pipework around.

d1ck

[/quote']

PMSL, f'ckin brilliant :) Can't wait to see the finished result :-d