Question: MK3 Aero Wiper Arms

So i was wondering if you guys could help me out on this. As well all know you guys over in Europe get allllllll the cool parts unlike us here across the pond. What i want to know though is are any of you guys running Aero Wiper Arms. I am pretty positive the MK3 didn't have a factory option or for that matter at any given point come with Aero Wiper arms. It is possible to perform a retrofit but i don't know from what car obviously since most U.S. cars never came with the option MK3 or not. I was hoping somebody could enlighten me as to the fact of what arms would work. I know the Corrado guys have a retrofit option and TMtuning sells a overpriced kit in two forms but neither says what car they come from. TMtuning also implies that the arms need to be modified to fit the MK3. A couple or archived posts on VWVortex say otherwise though(and no archive posts make no mention of where the arms came from) Any information would be awesome and greatly appreciated.

from a lupo GTI 2 drivers side arms, a drivers side blade for the drivers side and from a mk4 golf a passenger side blade for the passenger side.

the arms bolt right on, the only modification i had to make was slightly bending them a bit more at the point they are already bent at.

from a lupo GTI 2 drivers side arms' date=' a drivers side blade for the drivers side and from a mk4 golf a passenger side blade for the passenger side.

the arms bolt right on, the only modification i had to make was slightly bending them a bit more at the point they are already bent at.

[/quote']

You are the man! Thanks a bunch. I will have to get in touch with my parts guy and get a set. Here is my question though what year(s) Lupo GTI can I obtain them from? Also in regards to the blade sizing do I HAVE to get a MK4 passenger side one for some particular reason or do you just remember that as being the size that works? Cause i would more likely then not go with OEM blades but some time of aftermarket aero. Maybe... I haven't looked into it that far.

vw do a aero wiper kit that fits onto standard arms now ' date='got them on mine

[/quote']

VW does i believe but while just the blades do make a difference the arms add to it as well. A bunch of companies here like Bosch or RainX make a Aero type blade which are cool but crazy expensive. I believe though with the full Aero system though (Arms,Wipers & Blades) you can just get blade refills. At least this is how i understood a post on VWVortex

the lupo GTI was the only lupo to ever get aero wipers so any should do.

the mk4 passenger side is because it creates the most swept surface on the screen, you can use the lupo drivers side blade on the passenger side but it leaves a big area un-wiped, so i swapped it for a mk4 passenger blade.

The aero arms look so much better than just the retro fit blades on cage arms, much more low profile

the mk4 passenger side is because it creates the most swept surface on the screen' date=' you can use the lupo drivers side blade on the passenger side but it leaves a big area un-wiped, so i swapped it for a mk4 passenger blade.

The aero arms look so much better than just the retro fit blades on cage arms, much more low profile

[/quote']

Cool cool. I really appreciate the info man. I have to ask though and i hate to be a bother. What specific year or body Polo GTI did you get yours from. I figure to play it safe if and when i get in my parts guy i can get it from that car. It would suck to have them imported here and then not work. I am not against trial and error but given the nature of the matter i would like to be as positive as possible.

the mk4 passenger side is because it creates the most swept surface on the screen' date=' you can use the lupo drivers side blade on the passenger side but it leaves a big area un-wiped, so i swapped it for a mk4 passenger blade.

[/quote']

Cool cool. I really appreciate the info man. I have to ask though and i hate to be a bother. What specific year or body Polo GTI did you get yours from. I figure it is best to play it safe if and when i get them from my parts guy i can get it from that specific car. It would suck to have them imported here and then not work. I am not against trial and error but given the nature of the matter i would like to be as positive as possible.

i didnt get them from a car, i got them from TPS (trade VAG parts supplier) and just asked for 2 lupo gti wiper arms p/n 6X2 998 406, this was the correct p/n when i ordered them. The mk4 passenger wiper i got from my local dealer and asked for an aero passenger blade from a 2004 golf

it is essential that they are both drivers side arms, the passenger side arms wont lift up off the screen as the angle of the bend and the hinge fouls on the bonnet