dashboard cover

hi folks, im looking to change a piece of my dashboard, it is the part next to the headlight switch(the one with the pictures of the abs and airbag) and somebody has drilled a nasty hole through it, when i removed this piece there was like a connection on the back which isnt connected to anything so my question is- what is it supposed to be connected to it? cheers

and if anyone has a replacement for sale with no holes in please let me know

cheers

What is the part number on the side of yours? it will have to be the same as there are a few different connectors with different size pins.

It should be connected with a black 6 pin plug and its purpose is the lights act as a status indicator for the airbag and abs, if it was unplugged from when you bought it the previous owner could have done it to hide a problem with either of these systems

cheers for the replies folks

there is a 6 pin connector on the reverse side of the cover

am i right that if this isnt connected then the airbags wont be functional? i do know the car had a abs issue in that the abs light on the dash didnt light on when the ignition was on, but i had the abs senor wire resoldered(someone or something had snipped the wire) and the abs works fine now