Hi im just wondering where my coolant is going.First off my thermo is currently stuck open i found this out after reading a 00522 temp sensor fault and replacing the sensor only to find that the guage is still staying at cold.When i was in there to investigate and change the sensor about 16days ago i found no other wetness or signs of leaks at the time.Now yesterday my low coolant light came on i filled it right up and it took 2litres so its lost about 2litre in about 2weeks,which doesnt sound like a major leak.but i can find no signs of where its going.Oil is fine and theres no oil in the coolant or 'mayo' either, however i did notice a decent amount of water laying inside the tailpipe But im wondering if this could just be collection from rain since ive got upturned dtm style pipes.The exhaust does steam a bit on cold startup and for a bit when run at first but its not big clouds of steam i cant even see it out the rear mirror and it goes away after 10mins,and as i gather vrs tend to be a bit puffy and smoky from cold temps.No back pressure in the exp tank either so theres nothing concrete to suggest a head gasket issue.can anyone suggest where to check for probs? as where ive looked so far the coolant parts are bone dry and theres no coolant underneath after it sitting for a while.

many thanks in advance

Might be worth a quick feel of the interior carpets.. long shot but if no exterior leaks, and no contamination, could be a heater matrix.

Also are you sure the water system was bled properly first time? could be an air lock if the sensor has been replaced. Is it losing this amount every 2 weeks or has it stabled and now sitting at a nice level.

Had a poke around the footwells and carpets and dry also.when i done the temp sensor i lost quite a bit of water but i just topped it back up to max that was 2wks ago,i checked the level the day after and it was fine.this is the only time its had low coolant since i got it.ive done 50ish miles between sat when the light came on and today and so far level stable