Is there a trick to re-installing wishbones?

I took off the wishbone by undoing the 2 big bolts for the bushes and the 3 small bolts on the end that attach the ball joint. Getting it off was straightforward enough, just turned the hub slightly and it moved away from the wishbone and it slid out, but can I buggery get it back on, it seems where there was clearance before there now isnt and I can't get it back in.

Any tips on getting it back in easier? I'm doing this on my drive and didn't take the big ball joint bolt out as I couldn't get it to crack off.

I'm gonna have a fresh look tomorrow morning but had to call it a day earlier cos I stuck a blade in the back of my hand and had to get glued back together and a jab in my arse lol

Cheers

Big ball joint bolt? they should go in, but its a bit of a squeeze. I put the rear bush in first, and pivot it up and down just to get the bolt in a couple of turns. then swing the front bush and give it some grease and abuse to wedge it in :) hope that helps

yea its on the top of the ball joint and connects it to the hub, couldnt get it off for anything.

Theyre powerflex and look a little more of a tight fit than the standards do too, and theres these 2 washers that flatten out the shapes on the rear bushes, so trying to get them in place and push the bush in has proved a right PITA, more grease is my first plan lol cheers

Managed to get the wishbone installed back in, I used adhesive on the washers to hold them in place and copper slipped the buses up and the seats in the chassis loads, the next step involved shoving, hammering, stomping and kicking lol

Roll on the drivers side where I have raising the engine in the mix

I got the full powerflex kit and used all of them, except the ARB bushes cos could I fcuk get the old ones off but they were hard and tight so I left them. I got them from larkspeed through eBay. Totally transformed the car and didn't really make the ride any harsher, just really tight and responsive now. I've got new oem top mounts rather than poly top mounts which probably attributes to the no harsher ride

Yea I got 4 for the large rear bush on the wishbones, they had what I can only describe as smileys cut out of them that slotted over the raised corresponding smileys on the car in the recess for the bush, it's very obvious once you look yourself.

TBH with the tightness of the fit I wouldn't be worried, but the centring sleeves are vital did you get those?

I tacked the centring sleeves in with a little bit of grease and brayed the rears in first, also with lots of grease, then the fronts will line up and just slip in. The rears took me stomping them in while holding on to the front cross member to force them into their seat, so you see why not having those washers is probably fine lol

Also this seems like the most dangerous job to do, everyone is hurting themselves when they do it lol