Alloy Header tank - no sensor point ?

I'm sure someone will set me straight so apologies if this is a stupid question but ive seen a Bailey's header tank that has no sensor point for sale, being used currently on an mk2 vr6

I assume that it is this sensor that activates the warning light on the dash when things become too hot?

If i was to use this header tank and then bridge the two wires from the sensor would that solve things - with no light warnings?

Any info or alternatives...

the header tank sensor is for fluid level, i cant remember if its an open or closed circuit, so test by leaving yours unplugged and see if it comes on, and do the same thing bridged. Im swaying more that you can just leave it unplugged and its fine

the header tank sensor is for fluid level' date=' i cant remember if its an open or closed circuit, so test by leaving yours unplugged and see if it comes on, and do the same thing bridged. Im swaying more that you can just leave it unplugged and its fine

[/quote']

Ah ok, yeah its just ive currently got all the coolant out after doing a thermostat housing etc. change so thought this would be a perfect time to put the header tank in with a coolant change.

Cheers