Hi all i'm wanting to get a set of coilovers for the mk3 vr6 and was wondering what people were recommending. I will be doing the occasional track day but more fast road application. Whats a good setup that doesnt comprimise too much road comfort? :)

Thanks Rich

i have a set of gmax coilovers and have found the ride very good . u have to be realistic with bad roads which with all coilovers u will get a bit of rigidness ..but the car handles great and are very easy to play with .......i was stupid low and it wasnt for every day use i raised it 15 mm all round and still looks low and drives great so i would def recommend these

i have a set of gmax coilovers and have found the ride very good . u have to be realistic with bad roads which with all coilovers u will get a bit of rigidness ..but the car handles great and are very easy to play with .......i was stupid low and it wasnt for every day use i raised it 15 mm all round and still looks low and drives great so i would def recommend these

Cheers for that :) what adjustments can you make on the gmax?

Whichever set you opt for' date=' expect to pay about £350 for something worth having!!!!!! Try and steer clear of the crap on ebay, as they are just that, crap.

[/quote']

I no what you mean about them i no someone who got some and the hox they came in had more rebound ha :) I'm wanting to spend around the £700 mark on a reasonable set :)

Whatever you think of paying just save a bit more and get something better.

I bit the bullet when I bought coilies on my VR and bought Koni Coilies, never once let me down and ride was very good on soft and firm when turned to firm for track work

Whatever you think of paying just save a bit more and get something better.

I bit the bullet when I bought coilies on my VR and bought Koni Coilies' date=' never once let me down and ride was very good on soft and firm when turned to firm for track work

[/quote']

I was wondering what those koni's were like thought they should be pretty reasonable :)

You lower the car by screwing the spring collar down on the threaded body, so the spring always maintains its length and spring rate.

The fixed rate bit refers to the rebound and compression rate of the actual damper, fixed rate is pre set and you can't change it.

Higher up models will then be adjustable rebound, higher still will have adjustable compression aswell

Spax rsx and ap adjustable are around the £620 mark and ap fixed are around £400

I wanted KWs but my car was having some extensive work at the time and the suspension that was on when I bought it had all smashed springs so I just got the best that I could with the money I had and they were supposed to be just a tide-me-over till I could get KWs, but I have been so happy with them that I've left them on

I was looking at the kw's i like them especially seen as you can get pillow ball top mounts :)

Bloody hell' date=' I’m out of my depth here, need to do some reading I guess.. What the hell is a pillow ball top mount???!!!

[/quote']

Yep thats what they are i used to have them on a set of teins and they are really good for fine adjustment :)