Best front discs for 97 VR6

Hi,

I'm getting quite bad brake judder so I'm going to replace my front discs. What are the best upgraded discs to go for ? I have seen some tarox ones that look good, also I believe mine are 288mm diameter, what thickness would they be 25mm ?

Baz

This is one of those conversations where there isnt always one answer...

1997 are 288mm options as standard.

I swear by the full fat Brembo vented discs not the cheaper options

(GSF and the premium member Discounts make 'em a propper deal)

Then choose your pads!

I tended to go with Pagid fast road as they worked in all weather conditions and I wasnt track daying my car. (with very little dust for the alloys as a side bonus).

PS it was stage 2 charged and worked very well with my suspension set up as well.

When doing your discs change all the bearings at the same time mate. Makes life a lot easier and safer.

I hope this helps

R

I was told to try genuine vw discs and pagid fast road pads and they did work very well even after a hard session no fade or juddering after. but the discs were quite expensive from what i can rememeber. brembo,pagid are good

In my view hoses and pads are far more important and will see the improvement, plain flat discs that were bedded in properly are fine for 99.9% of circumstances, grooved discs are noisy and drilled even noisier, and drilled discs can crack just because they feel like it, unless you are purely track and would actually see benefit from them due to slamming full on all the time

I've had a look online & I can't find any Brembo discs that are 288mm only the earlier 280mm ones' date=' I'm thinking of going for some Tarox G88 discs & Strada pads all round.

[/quote']

Did you call GSF m8? think S3 discs are the same from memory as well....