The VR seems to be losing coolant at the rate of a litre or so a week, There are no leaks what so ever, but I'm noticing alot of pressure in the system, so I think its dumping it out the over flow.

One thing i've also noticed is sometimes the top rad hose is rock hard and boiling hot and the bottom one soft and cold. Now this lead me to believe it was the thermostat but then sometimes both hoses are rock hard and boiling hot :/.

Another thing was that when I rev the engine with the cap off the header tank, I'm gettin alot off bubbles surfacing which makes me think maybe exhaust gases = head gasket failure :( but I've not got any oil/water contamination or any exhaust smoke/steam.... Please help as this is driving me insane :( Thanks.

i've replaced the whole cooling system, samco hoses, thermostat housing, stainless steel crack pipe all with new o rings. uprated water pump and electric water pump, the only thing i've not done is the rad i'm 100% sure theres no leaks. its dumping it out the over flow i'm sure of it, because theres too much pressure. i just need help findin out where all this pressure is coming from. The seal on the header tank cap is 100% too. Only thing i can think of is either a stuck thermostat or exhaust gases in the cooling system :(, i might just swap the thermostat so i can rule it out lol.

i've replaced the whole cooling system' date=' samco hoses, thermostat housing, stainless steel crack pipe all with new o rings. uprated water pump and electric water pump, the only thing i've not done is the rad i'm 100% sure theres no leaks. its dumping it out the over flow i'm sure of it, because theres too much pressure. i just need help findin out where all this pressure is coming from. The seal on the header tank cap is 100% too. Only thing i can think of is either a stuck thermostat or exhaust gases in the cooling system :(, i might just swap the thermostat so i can rule it out lol.

[/quote']

Maybe you should have led with that lol