any visible signs of leakage on the floor? put some cardboard under neath the engine to try and identify where it could be coming from...

check to make sure your thermostat is functioning correctly and that there are no leakes on the thermostat housing etc...

Also check the cap on the coolant bottle, sometimes the seal goes and it perishes, thus will bubble out etc... but also a stuck thermostat can cause that to happen when upto temp (are your fans working etc? What are your water temps like?).

there doesnt seem to be no obvious leakage on the floor but im going to put some cardboard underneath and run it up to temperature, water temperature seems fine and the temperature only seems to go halfway up the gauge and doesnt go any further(never heard the fans ever work) but i will get the thermostat and coolant cap changed anyway as i dont think they will be that expensive so i can rule those out

many thanx and i will report back

just to add, oil is fine, no mayo

Have a feel around inside the car, behind the centre console. If it feels a little damp in there could be the heater matrix leaking?

Just had to change that on my mk2 and its the same matrix as mk3's so maybe prone to the same problem?