Todays little mod :)

So, I decided that today I'd finish tidying up the interior. When I got the car, most of the switch blanks had holes drilled in them (I'm assuming the holes were for LEDs at some point). Last week I managed to replace all the damaged ones, but this left me without a place to put the LED for the alarm/immobiliser (all the blanks had at least two holes drilled in them). So today I did this:

IMG_20120620_174226.jpg

IMG_20120620_174329.jpg

That's a MK3 door pin surround with the LED guts from a MK4 door pin surround fitted into it :) I had intended to just swap the surrounds over but the MK4 one isn't as big as the MK3 one so wouldn't cover the holes underneath it.

I also replaced my shattered front splitter with a Laguna jobbie (I know, 90's-tastic!). It looks pretty good and isn't as deep as the VR6 one so shouldn't be in danger of breaking (it's also made of rubber not plastic, so should be a bit more resilient).

Anyway, I hope you like the little bits I've done so far :)

• 2 weeks later...

Just got round to trying to fit my door pin LEDs today, id made the 2 door pin surrounds with LEDs in a while ago and put them to one side and tbh forgot id made them till you posted this up! And dammit the alarm feed to the original LED will only run 1 LED. I wired up the 2 side ones and all of them died, took the additional 2 off the wire and the original started working again, so that was that plan scrapped, tut. Good job I tested first before tearing down both doors to wire them up!

I've relocated the original one to the windscreen demister strip instead, much more visible from outside the car.