bushes in the rear axle a bit worn? golf vr6

got the MOT coming up soon, i got an advisory for the rear bushes in the rear axle saying they was slightly worn but no play in them. checked today and still no play but want to change them. are they simple to do or do you need a press to get them out? many thanks :-)

You can drill and hacksaw them out, but if you're fitting OE ones you will need to press them in, so you either take the whole rear beam off or get creative somehow. Poly bushes will press in pretty much by hand and stops the slack wandering feeling in the rear axle

Vibration is minimal on the rear i didnt notice any more after than i did before, Yes rear beam right off no need to disconnect brakes though just unbolt and pop plumbing out of the plastic clips need to be careful though. I managed it my self but would be easier if 2 people when putting it back in.

Power flex bushes are very easy to fit, they do stiffen things up but not a great increase in vibration or road noise to be honest. Make sure you use plenty of grease though, as they can squeak and drag if you don't lubricate them enough. If you wish to keep the original passive rear steer effect, you have to use original rubber bushes which are a bit more difficult to fit. Either way it's good to take the whole beam off and give it a clean up and a coat of paint.