2 problems, Climatronic and Stereo. SORTED

Evening all

Got 2 problems im having with my vr, thinks its 1997.

1) climatronic is working then comes up with HE where outside temp should be?

When first comes on you can't adjust fan speed unless u raise temp which then makes HE appear then you can adjust? Tried another panel and same problem? :/

2) currently have an aftermarket stereo but it's very basic so wanting to swap it over with an aftermarket one from my mums car. Plug it all in ok except no power? Read in the new stereo manual that some VW/ Audi may need to be wired differently? Not very clued up when it comes to wiring so bit confused :(

Based in Watford (herts) if anyone local can sort it out will be willing to pay and travel :D

Thanks guys and gals

My VR didn't have a switched live to the stereo (I've read that this fairly common, there's someone else on here that didn't have one either). To get round this I ran a switched live from the heater controls (although as you've got climatronic I wouldn't know which one to tap into). Try running a live to the red AND yellow wire on the stereo and see if it'll switch on. Obviously, you'll need the earth connected too :)

Sorted the radio, got one done professionally was just easier lol. Although I had no ignition amp wire so for time being its running of the battery so just got to remember to take it out to stop draing the battery :D

No John haven't done anything, climatronic has been a constant problem since we got the vr, always a different problem though lol. Didn't know there was a sensor? Where is it so I can have a looksie :)

Sorted :)

Had a problem with my alarm so swapped the fuse over from the rear wiper motor and never put one back in. Turns out this some how fixes the climatronic lol

Thanks for the help guys, glad it was just a simple problem in the end :)