Hi All,

It has been a while since I was last on the forum. Reason being back in May 2010 after I had fitted my beloved mystic blue 96 VR6 with Brembo dics and pads, new bearings and a set of new sparks, a neighborough decided it would be OK to reverse into it with their 4x4, tow bar straight through the headlight, insurance write off. The same weekend, the cam belt on my girlfriends 206GTi went, so in the space of one weekend, we were carless. After much debating, we decided to get rid of both and opt a sensible option and purchased a MK5 1.6 Match (we had to buy something quickly for commute to work!!!)

I have an issue with the central locking, basically, the key fob works and all doors un-lock and lock without fail, however, the in car switch on the drivers door handle does not seem to be working. I am either using it incorrectly, i.e. the key in the ignition, or it is simply not working. Anyone have any ideas?

I apologise that this is not a VR6 question, but over the years this forum has helped immensely with problems and faults I had on the previous car, and hope you can help again. I hope to one day soon be a VR6 owner agan.

Thanks in advance for your help