Hi chaps,

Bit of a problem.. today I got my new VR, and driving it back under a bit of welly it would give off a puff of blue smoke. Me thinking this is was the valve seals, didnt think much of it and drove it steadily home. But tonight i took it for a drive and pulling away from a junction at low revs theres blue and white smoke billowing from the exhaust, just couldnt see out of my rear view mirror.

So im thinking the head gaskets gone, theres no mayo ib the oil cap yet, but unless the block / head has cracked thats got to be it surely? I've been on here for too long to know thats got to be it, but is there anything else it could be?

Problem is im away for the weekend and got a 100 mile journey back home and its obviously in no state to drive, so its a bit frustating!!!

Any thoughts on this would be much appreciated!

Thanks, dave

Not yet, the water was still under pressure, and by the time the engine would have cooled down it was dark, and ive made the mistake of opening the bottle under pressure before! I'll do it in the morning. May just break it for parts yet.

Ususally smoke under load is a sign of worn rings, smoke on the overun is valve stem oil seals. OIl cooler is also a possible source as suggested! If it has 80k + miles on it it will more than likely need a HG anyhow. Best do a compression test to see how it fairs :)