Now before I start I am just going to say that I haven't even bothered to look just yet as the weather is rubbish but hear me out.

I have recently picked up a rattle from the front left when throwing bumps at the suspension, one thats definitely new and have since presumed that its most likely the tired old bushes that the car was sold to me on.

Question: Does anyone have any experience with PSI tunings stage 3 'back to factory' kit which seems to be well priced and most importantly all the bushes are ready pressed. see http://www.psituning.com/product.php/21353/psi_suspension_energise_kit_stage_3___mk3_golf_5_stud_corrado_vr6

and a quick summary of whether or not I should be able to do it all myself (level of competency: changed the heater matrix last week with full aircon now I feel like an R32 swap)

Cheers

Not had any experience with those bush kits no, but one thing that some people overlook is the drivers side suspension arm is a bit of a pain to change as the sump gets in the way. Everything else is easy enough, but personally, I would get yourself some oil and oil filter too, drop the sump off to get the bottom arm bolt out and replace the arm, then re seal the sump and do the filter and fill back up with oil.

If you have a look under the car at the bottom arm bolts you'll see what I mean :)

So, I understand the rears need doing also and my MOT is coming up soon, should i wait to see if it fails and providing it does invest in a full powerflex kit such as http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/POWERFLEX-SUSPENSION-BUSHES-FULL-BUSH-KIT-GOLF-MK3-VR6-/310240151047 including front and rear bushes and forget about this kit? Im 90% sure the rattle is worn bushes.

Well, if any of you care haha, I whipped the wheel off and it seems that the TA teckniks crappy coilovers might be on their way out as they have lateral play (Can anyone let me know if this is out of normal order?) So I'll make use of my Koni's I've had laying about. Its one thing after a bloody nother at the moment. Will still be polybushing for good measure hopefully while I'm in there.

If they are buggered you might as well, the Powerflex are easy to fit, you'll have a mare getting the OEM ones out but the Powerflex ones will just pop straight in for the most part.

So if you are going to replace the suspension do the bushes at the same time then you can have it aligned up only the once. And it sounds like you could benefit from some new top mounts and bearings too. But they aren't too expensive.

....Its one thing after a bloody nother at the moment....

Welcome to VR6 ownership lol

I should have put it was one thing after another since I bought the bugger. Tbh it's not played about too much and tends to go without wanting until payday at least. I've been wanting to poly bush for an absolute age but just have neither the time nor money, especially the rear bushing as I've had a look at diys and the actual bushes and it looks an absolute nightmare unless you remove the rear subframe which only serves to extend the parts list further and with it the cost. It's tough because I really want to do it justice and I'm struggling as I'm unemployed at the moment (supported by the rents thank god) but hopefully a MOT fail on bushes will sway the wrinklies. (I'm a graduate with a first degree a job won't be too hard to come by come September I bloody hope) - then comes the serious business. Cheers for the help either way.