12v VR6 is way down on power. Runs fine. Odd Issue, Long story inside:

Hi all,

I'm a long time lurker, but I figured I'd post on here for a better chance of a good response.

I recently fitted some Autotech 262 cams from the US. They were brand new and never used, so didn't come with pulleys.

I couldn't get my old 1,3,5 cam pulley off with the other part of the CPS, so had to fit one off a spare engine that had previously cracked on the plastic and been plastic welded up (I don't know why or

After refitting everything, the car is slow and sluggish, not fast and responsive! So I stripped it down again, the cam timing is as close as I can get. At TDC, the intermediate pulley is in the correct place and the I can get the locking plate in both cam grooves.

If I have the cam position sensor plugged in, its sluggish but idles fine and doesnt misfire. If I disconnect the CamPS there is absolutely zero difference to how it pulls and how it runs.

So, if it was quick and running well before, and all thats changed is the pair of cams and the 1,3,5 cam pulley... what the fudge is wrong with my VR!

Thanks in advance

Joe

Not had vagcom on it yet, only had the cams in and running tonight. Its a '95 crossover OBD1 with coil pack. 2.9 inlet and throttle, AMD ecu chip, 6 branch, decat and exhaust. It felt pretty quick for such a weighty car before, but really feels boggy now. The thing that's throwing me is the fact that I can unplug the CPS and it doesn't affect it in any way. I thought the thing on the end of the cam was only a magnet in a plastic housing?