Old vs New sounds

Now I reeeeeaaaallllllllllllllllllllyyyyyyyyyyy like some of the sounds we get from modern cars... However... Is the older car sound better then the newer ones? Not only because everything is 4 cylinders today but I feel that there was so much development in the old days that sounds like this....

(PS watch all the way through for the in car experience)

will become a thing of the past... as everything is controlled by the men in white coats with HiViz jackets on..

Discuss.......

That engine sounded something else I could listened to that again n again. I had a set of twin 45's on my old 205 GTI n the noise that used to make was addictive, the neighbours were never happy I used to start work at 5am. I would love to put on my Golf but it'll cost a fortune to run

Its those men, they're killing all the fun, maybe that's their plan? Make driving so mundane you'd rather do something else, or you have to spend an exorbitant amount of money to do it.

Most if not all of these modern small capacity turbo engines sound like mopeds, a new Ibiza Bocanegra floored it by me this afternoon and it just sounded sh!t

Lets list the modern cars they've just recently killed off..

Honda TypeR - dead

Focus ST/RS 5pot - dead

Renault Sport Clio NA 2.0 - dead

Golf R32 - dead

I'm sure there's lots more

Rest In Peace motoring grin factor