Seeing as i'm new here i thought i'd better get some pictures up. I got this on Wednesday off a lad i know. Here is the spec from the ad:-

1992 Vw Golf Mk3 2.8 Vr6 OBD1 Engine, Gearbox, Ecu, Cable Gear links, Radiator & Engine mounts.

Seat Toledo Tdi front hubs, Cable clutch conversion.

Seat Ibiza Gti Cupra sport 2.0 16v (T Reg) Brakes Front discs are Drilled and Grooved 280mm with Greenstuff pads, standard rear discs and pads, Driveshafts, Front Anti-Roll bar & links.

Seat Cordoba throttle pedal and cable.

Bored out throttle body, and many many new or uprated bits like, new rotor arm, dissy cap, ht leads, ignition amplifier, coil, serpentine belt, tensioner, water pump, carbon kevlar race clutch and heavy duty balanced pressure plate, clutch cable... the list goes on and on.....

2.3 v5 dzl code 5 speed gearbox for shorter ratio's and a much tighter diff.

The exhaust system: Standard 2.8 Vr6 manifold and downpipe, De-cat custom made mid-section 2¼" straight through to a Remus twin exit Stainless Back box.

Climate control.

Good Bits:

178 bhp (170 standard) with dyno print out from Get Dyno'd.

Short ratio (DZL) (2.3 V5) gearbox 140mph final drive makes for much faster accelaration.

17" drifz wheels unique carbon look (all tyres legal with life left)

Coilovers all round

Rear interior removed (but not carpets or door cards so looks pretty tidy) and black Fk fixed bucket seats on sliders fitted

11 months mot tax til end of month

Cupra brakes all round (Drilled + Grooved discs and Ebc Greenstuff pads on front)

Professionally Tinted windows (Dark Rears, light front)

OBD 1 AAA Engine 1992 (early distributor type) advantage being these engine's can be dated pre gas analyasis for mot purposes therefor not needing a catalyst, emmisions are visual :) so totally legit!!!

Custom exhaust system De-cat 2 1/4" straight through with a stainless remus back box (the sound is awesome + the flames when hot)

Its running a vr6 radiator with the advantage of twin electric fans

Cable clutch conversion with a re-inforced pedal box

Oil + filter changed every 5000 miles

Ibiza cupra 2.0 16v drive shafts and anti roll bar.

All new ignition system from plugs to dissy, coil, leads etc etc

Induction kit

New water pump

Well here are the pictures of the car :)

img1334nb.jpg

img1336tu.jpg

img1335nz.jpg

img1337l.jpg

It does need some work as it's no rear seats, which i need(I have a little one), bad idle and mainly tidying up (interior plastics etc). I'm hoping to do the work over the winter and have her ready for the Spring when shows/meets start up again.

i think the bit about the engine not needing a cat is wrong the car was sold with a cat and therefore should have one for its mot, i may be wrong but might be worth checking out before the next one is due. Looks like a tidy install though and a clean car. Welcome to the club.

think emissions regs are on the engine and the VED is counted on the chassis, but with it being a pre 2001 it would be in the same tax classification anyway.

But the car coming out of the factory with a cat then having a pre cat engine conversion is a good point and seems to be a massive grey area that there is no definitive answer to

• 1 year later...