Still looking.....

I just bought the first one i saw, he took me for a spin and i didnt take much convincing after that. Only paid 2800. sure, its done over 100k, and paint work isnt mint, but i figured the engine will probably do 200k+ and if i really wanted i could get the whole thing resprayed twice with the money id saved.

Id just have a look on www.autotrader.co.uk and buy private

It took me over 9 months to find my one! I must of looked at over 20 VR's, before eventually managing to convince VW to sell me there Motorshow demo vehicle at GTI International! Ok I payed well over the odds for it and had to wait another 5 months after paying for it to actually get my hands on it, but was well worth it in my opinion, after some of the thrashed dogs I looked at before!

Buy carefully from an enthusiast and you'll be fine. There are three that have appeared in the classifieds very recently!

And they are all sold x) you are all right though my car is out there somewhere and only once i find it iwll i commit to what the best colour really is!

Guess the only good thing is that i will be out of the country for 5 out of the next 7 weeks so wouldnt be able to drive it anyway!!

I'll admit it was money well spent mate! Pics on here dont do your motor justice, see it in the flesh and it sort of glows.

Have you had to respray any sections of the car? Id like my bonnet doing and some dented panels, but am worried about them getting the shade of blue wrong.

Macca, all the paintwork on the car is original, mine too could do with the odd bit here and there! But I've been a bit worried as to who to trust to do it. When I had the grille painted Premier did it for me and got a superb match, but they are not cheap!

I looked at 2 within the same evening 2 years ago and this one was spot on. Mulberry/Purple is the colour. It is distinctively a Highline when you see it in this colour. I love black cars too, as that is was I usually have, but I wanted to be different for a change! ;)

golfvr6025smaller.jpg

[ golfvr6025smaller.jpg ]