As I was parking my car last night, both the ABS light and the Brake warning (handbrake) light came on at the same time. Nothing happened to cause this. There were no noises, squeaks etc. Nothing.

I tried taking the car for a wee spin and there was nothing obviously wrong (apart from the warning lights). I then checked my brake fluid and pads etc - again, nothing is obviously wrong.

I left the car overnight, and when I got up this morning the lights were out. I've been out a few times today and the lights have stayed off.

Has anyone had a similar issue, and does anyone have some random suggestions as to what might be wrong?

Yes I've had that twice before in the 3 years I've had my VR, nothing apparently wrong and when the lights cleared themselves everything back to normal, you can also clear this more quickly by just unplugging the big multi plug on the abs unit under the expansion tank.

Vagcom did register a fault but I can't remember what, something like signal interruption or out of range, not been an issue since though so could only be put down to exactly this, just a hiccup.