It all depends what you're after... I got mine under the theory that as everything is going 3 cylinders and 1 litres... Do it whilst I can!

The car itself is exceptionally capable. Think of it more as a GT tourer than a balls out light weight Hot Hatch.

Have a drive of mk iv and the gti as well.. i found that the GTi was a little harsh... But a very good car indeed

The mk 5 is everything you want.. Sits on the motorway 'til the cows come home and you step out fresh as a daisy.. It will do country roads very well.. you just have to remember the weight over the front axle... but if you're used to that then no problems... The 4 motion kicking in is rather odd the first time it happens but after than you dont pay attention..

One piece of advice get the leather fitted as standard. Other than that you can get everything else retro fitted on the R32OC...

I got the full fat DVD/SatNav etc done there and as part of my purchase deal the Cruise fitted for £100.

Yes it is not kick in the pants holy cow fast... However, it aint slow...

I've had mine.... 2 years in Feb... and still Njoy the trip everytime!!

Go test drive one...

After that just Njoy it..

I recently sold my low mileage mk4 V6 4Motion and bought a mk6 GTI. Essentially the mk6 is a mk5 with a newer bodykit. I love the GTI for what it is and what it does, and don't regret buying it (fuel cost was one factor so it had to be a GTI). But I sorely miss the flexibility and sound of the V6. I've said several times to my wife that a mk5 R32 must be a fantastic car.

Get the R32 :)

(Luckily I still have the Corrado VR6 which has softened the blow a little)