Valve Protrusion

Hi guys, quick question, does anyone know what the maximum valve protrusion of from the head? Just because I've somehow lost my bentley manual and cant find the values! My heads at a workshop now and they need to know so they dont cut too far.. If anyone can help it would be most appreciated!

Thanks

Christ, how much did they skim off the head?! lol

They do sit a little proud anyway, but if it should stand to reason that if they skimmed say, half a mill off the head, then cutting the valve seats back half a mill should bring it all back inline? Normally just a resurface of the seats is all that's needed, either with lapping and paste, or one of them cutting tools.

Im going to be encountering this problem soon.Would you mind sending me the same file please Lukey?Or i can poke Dave and ask him to forward it if thats ok.

garyforrest21@googlemail.com

Also if you take too much off the seats does it affect spring tension?I will be having this head skimmed i have(seeing as i sold the last one to dave lol) and also getting a 3 angled job on the seats for the new valves.

Just wondered if i would encounter any problems?

Sorry for the hijack Dave but you will benefit from any answers. :P ha ha

Yes lol the one on my car which i got imported from America at a silly cost of £110 and another i bought over here that has a few broken tabs should i bugger the one on the car up lol

Yea that's fine I'll have the one with some tabs missing (just realised bartering after sending the info is a bad bargaining position)