Valve Protrusion

• 5 months later...

Sort of, i took it to a machining company, and they said yeah they can do it no problems. unfortunately in the process of getting it to them i dropped it and left s big gash on the deck. too deep to machine out really :(

Didn't do it.

It's well down on power and burning oil, suspecting worn valve guides, at 118k they are generally buggered, usually a good head overhaul fixes 60% of oil consumption issues on VR's as they start passing oil at around 80k.

Bummer, sorry to hear that, at least its not too much of a bad job if you have a spare one you can build up, could've been piston rings e.t.c Not going to be much help i know but i have a set of spare refurbed valves if you need em.

Ahhh well, these things happen, unknown engine at the end of the day, only made 192 after the remap and 186 before... So bit disappointed.

Still could be the rings, but won't really known unless the head is off, it's not totally blowing out smoke, just as If your coming off the peddle...

Spoiler now works now after some wizardry under the dash.... Also my original exhaust is blowing out of every weld joint lol, showing its age and I need a new rack as its heavy steering when turning right....

Had to get a new outer cv joint as there was a good inch of play in the drive shaft...

Best get saving lol!