Winter in the VR

I drove over a bit of mud on the road and have a couple of little rooster tails up the lower portion of the front wing and back bumper and was a bit peeved, I don't know what I'd do if it got that mucky lol. You can fit a mk3 TDI undertray with a little bit of cutting of the tray to fit the different sump position, they come up on eBay every so often but prices can vary largely, I got one a couple of years ago for a tenner, there was one on last month for 90 quid.

I go for a slightly different approach here folks... I give it a damned good clean... then that's it.... for the month..

Once a month the hose comes out and all is cleaned/polished again... As you have to squidgeee/scrape the windows and lights every morning they're always clean...

It just isnt worth the effort... Mine actually gets dirtier on the motorway than on side roads... I have often thought about a rear wiper delete but I couldn't see anything one time when it broke so that 'aint gonna happen... LOL

Then when March Hits... There is the "Special weekend"... every item in the cleaning toolbox comes out... Engine/Exhaust/Inner arches/inner wheels/all nooks and toothbrush holes are attacked with vigor...

I always like being able to see the aerodynamics in action with the swirl and water run off lines in the winter.. (Plus the headlamp washer supports this... Sad I know but Hey!

I couldn't have it lol The slightest mark or piece of dirt on it drives me crazy! In this weather it will hardly be used at all! Although it is a crazy circle as I love spending the time detailing it! So if it doesn't move I have nothing to clean!

Although its just a two bucket was and and layer of wax followed by another layer 24 hours later just trying to build up layers for winter!