Thanks guys, it looks like the car needs a service and a tune up. I need to find out about crypton tune Shail.

Although, as I have only had my VR6 a week I had to see what she could do through the gears... :D Best moment so far: absolutely slaughtered a Jaguar XJ who was about to overtake. I dropped her into 4th and just pulled away. The look on the guys face...LOL! £30000 Jag vs £1300 VW...I'm lovin it.

[ Edited Sat Apr 09 2005, 08:33PM ]

I get around 30 on motorway journeys, and mid 20's around town. Obviously lots less when hoofing it but i dont very often......

Krypton tuning is pointles really bud- as the injection system is controlled by the ECU and cant be alterered as far as i know.... It can tell you whats wrong with the car though. Although if youve got an early car with a dizzy you can advance/ retard the ignition timing if its out.

So whats the capacity of the VR6 fuel tank?

Am I right in thinking 55 litres?

1 gallon = 3.785 litres

So at an average MPG of 20.9 I should be able to go 303 miles on a tank of fuel...does that sound about right in your experience? I've only used half a tank so far so I wouldnt know :)

[ Edited Sun Apr 10 2005, 08:11PM ]

I've got a L plate Coilpack, It used to do 44-50 mpg on an 80mph motorway journey, and around 28-32 mpg around town, but since I've put my ABD bigbore intake on, it more like 30mpg on the motorway and a low as 20-22mpg around town . . . however the highend gains are worth it, although lowend is now dreadful !!!! had a merc clk and and farrari 280 GT0 the other day, he he.

i swear you guys are driving different cars to me lol

i cannot get near 20mpg around town and average around 28-32 and the motorway

i drive it totaly different to the 16valve mk 2 i used to run. feather the throttle and never really run it past 3 grand

i'm off to germany in mine in may but if i get around 250 mile to a tank i'll be happy

Hi there, i've also just bought my first vr6 about few weeks ago, and being 19, the fuel is quite heavy on the pocket.

From what i've learnt it depends on what fuel you use and also how you drive it. Depends on the RON of the petrol.

When i used the Unleaded Optimax 97 RON for 45 liters i got about 170 miles which is really Sh**t. But noticed when i used the 95 RON unleaded got more to the gallon.

But the Optimax 97 ron petrol gives you greater pulling power due to it burns much better and quicker. 8)

QUESTION: for you guys do you think i need to get my car serviced and checked out as it is giving me like 20 25 short trips and can go up to 30 35 on the motorway but this is driving upto 60mphs or below and one more thing the level of the temperature on the engine goes up to 94-98 *C is that Normal B) .

thanks guys :)

I'm also lucky if i get 20mpg around town ,car ticks over a bit lumpy i,m gonna try some new plugs as i haven't had the car long and don't know how long they have been in it.

Also anyone know how accurate the mpa is ?

I got my VR6 when I just turned 19, if the insurence wasnt enough the bloody petrol costs were! Lukily, I have quite a good job. but have noticed over the last month that £20 of BP ultima doesnt get me that far.... I'm assuming prices have gone up?

When I drive steady (motorway driving) I can get 30MPG easily.... but when driving around town/stuck in traffic I've had it down to a mere 6MPG!

well, at a standstill the mpg guage means squat....as your not moving.

the critical bit to remember here is that the driver can make a huge difference. if you like to stand hard on the gas, or stab at it, or stop start loads, its all gonna drink fuel.

me....i tend to slow down very little, and just keep the momentum up. i also tend to use very little throttle travel on the motorway...however, give me a clear a or b road and i'll be flat out!

• 2 weeks later...

hmm how does the fuel computer actually work on these because ive always thought it doesnt actually tell u the figure your doing at that precise time but an average of what u have done over the journey so far. at least i hope this is true and i only do about 3 miles to work and back but the fuel comp has very rarely read over 19 Mpg and thats just driving normally!! but i do get about 250+ from a full tank