Hi - There is a damp smell in car and has been for a while and noticed a slight damp patch on rear passenger foot-well.

Thought the heater matrix split (as this happened in my last car) - but have no water leak in car and have never had to top the water up - this has been the case for a few months -

Can it be anything else? its driving me bonkers ?

The carpet lifts from under the seats, it's easiest to just take the seats out, which is just a spring clip removed at the front end and the little plastic trims taken off the runners at the back then the seats will just slide off the rails and can be easily removed.

If this is the issue when you look but the bungs are still relatively ok then what I did was take them off, tidy them up and filled the middle of them with copious amounts of tiger seal. Reinstall then smooth the sealant/added more as necessary to make a good seal on both the inside and under the car, I would put some underseal on the underneath area again to seal all the repair in from the elements.

If its totally had it and rusted out the hole and isnt salvageable you would then be bet to cut out the rot and weld in a patch.

This obviously all depends on what you find.

Best of luck