Can't start car after disconnecting alarm sensor

Hi guys,

Having a bit of a problem, I started to strip down my vr to rebuild her, when I have been removing the interior I disconnected the sensor in the cab in front of the gear stick, the proximity sensor and I have also had the battery off her for about 10 weeks now.

I went to start her to turn her over and it doesn't start, the lights on the dash come on and the alarm light on the dash sometimes flashes rapidly but doesn't even sound like the engine is trying to turn over.

I have a feeling it's the alarm has maybe immobilised the car,

Any info or advice on this would be much appreciated going to be rebuilding her again soon.

Thanks

Just a thought buddy, but it might be worth changing you ignition switch, as it might be that causing a problem rather then your alarm.

Might not be, but it is a pretty easy and cheap thing to try, because from what l understand the immobilizer will still let it turn over and start but then would cut the engine after a few seconds?

Hi there.

Do you know what model Clifford it is?

there are some good mobile alarm fitters around that might be able to help.... Your alarm box could be anywhere to be honest, depends where the fitter stashed it :( usually behind the dashboard somewhere so you'll have trace the wires from the proximity sensors etc...

Thanks for the advice guys,

I think it is the 300 concept,

It does lock and unlock with my key fob how did you use your valet switch to start?

I will have a good hunt alarm box tonight.

Is there an easy way to by pass the alarm to see if that's the problem?

Thanks again

• 3 months later...