rust and getting holes in the floor

i noticed the otherday that my front chassis legs and jacking points are all stoved in obviously due to poor positioning of ramp legs/jacks, also my sill lips are bent. anyway car passed mot but since then i had a closer look and my underseal has bubbled and i found some small holes, im wondering if its something i can do or is it better to go to bodyshop for something like this . . . . . . .or is it THE END OF THE LINE for my vr, please dont let it be the latter lol :-(

Hi mate. All comes down to money at the end of the day, and how competent you are at repairing.

To get an idea of the extent of the damage you'd have take out the carpets or remove under seal, weld up the holes, obviously with carpet out and re-seal, as its all hidden doesn't matter too much about the looks....

Looking back at some of the car restoration program's on the box, some are really really bad and they still manage to repair, if your planning on keeping it then worth while to repair, depends how good you are with a welder, but getting it done professionally could become costly.... Are you planning on doing your sills also?

Don't think I've seen a single VR without bent in sills from incorrect jacking :(

It would be something you can have a go at and fix fairly easily if you wanted to, but if a complete beginner at welding it would be a good idea to get some sheet metal and practice practice practice till you aren't blowing holes in the metal and it doesn't look like a bird crapped on your weld lines.

im not that bad with a welder/grinder so i suppose it might not be that bad, its the rest of bodywork im no good with like filler and paint lol. i think my sill are solid although it is starting to go at the bottom of the wings and i have got a small bubble coming up on the rear arch. gonna have to wait for the warmer, dryer weather to come about before i tackle this. is there any other structural points that tend to go or is it all hit and miss???