How old are you and how long have you owned VR6's

40 got a vr6 syncro never drive it just sits in the garage should sell but everytime i start it cant do it also had corrado g60 mk3 golf vr6 and gti mk2 vr6 supercharged mk2 8v gti golf clipper gti and sportline ,beetle ,camper bay window type also a couple of caddy vans e30 bmw convertible 325 motorsport 3,nova sports but now have apart from syncro,2 t5 transporters one company othere freebie off my company and c-class c180k coupe for adult fatherly duties

first vr6 was an auto my dad had stopped using because the gearbox had given up and so had the cooling system ,chains were rattling , brakes rotten. All working well now just the bodywork which isn't great

second was a crashed vr6 I picked up with an engine and box for free , then got myself a £300 golf gti and swapped engines to make a manual vr. ( in pic below )

im 17 , have a sat job and buy & sell on cars 2 get the money for parts

and btw I don't drive it like a loon got a fiat seicento I drive most of the time! vr only for a week here and there when I have money

1363299411_12192_FT501729_img_0343_.jpg

I'm 28 and this I'd the first VW I've ever owned, I've looked at Mk5 R32s seriously a few times before but the numbers just didnt justify themselves to me enough, head ruled heart, so got an A3 Sline TDI 170 instead, but sold it due to change in circumstance, drastically lowered mileage and needed to free up some money so decided I would get a petrol car due to now town only driving that was cheaper and paid for. So I went for the VR as I'd always liked them and it was the next best thing to an R32 at a tenth of the price. Surprisingly I spend much less on fuel with it. Funnily enough we've ended up back with an A3 TDI aswell now anyway, a 140 this time but the more I drove it the more I decided it is actually enough. Also doesn't have a pain in the arse DPF either.

I am 30 got my first VW 8 Years ago as the Mrs talked me into it! MK2 8Valver! (always had Novas)

Then I was hooked but needed more power!

Bought K Reg Dusty Mauve for £300 7 Years ago

Then I had Black Highline 5 Door

Dragon Green 3 door (My favorite)

Mullberry 5 Door

Now Vento fronted mystic blue (getting full respray at the minute so may be my new favorite soon!)

Inbetween I have had allsorts from flappy paddle alfas to XJR jags with twice the power of the VR! But I always end up back in one!

on my first vw and i jumped in at the deep end with a vr highline,owned it about 9 months and absolutly love it!! its funny how a plain looking old golf still gets so many looks, maybe because its heard before its seen lol. im 23 and have already had my fair share of cars but hopfully this ones here to stay ;)

I'm 33 tomorrow, had my VR6 for 8 years, was my first one but always hankered for one since I was 16. It has been through several different guises and I've had other ones through my hands in addition to and between times since :)